Please visit Tyler's blog to see our presentation slides.
While we were working on the project, we mentioned that this is the first time we learnt about the Delaunay Triangulations and Voronoi diagrams. So we had to start everything from scratch. Not only we were learning these for the first time, we also had to teach our class as well.
I have to say I really enjoyed working with Tyler and Jeff on this project. We gave each other constructive feedbacks and helped each other along the way. I feel like all of us have learnt so much while working on this assignment, not just learning a totally new topic in Delaunay Triangulations but also how to work together online. This is actually the first time I am trying to work on a project with my group without seeing them in person.
Another thing that surprised me was that Delaunay Triangulations and Voronoi Diagrams are used in so many different fields and disciplines. From airport locations and face recognitions to even baking! I am sure if we have proper computer programs we can definitely show the class more details of it since there are actually a lot of coding involved when we want to go in depth while discussing it. However, I really enjoy the presentation itself even though we only had pen and paper. I hope that the class also enjoyed our presentation as much as we do!
Great project and good reflections on it!
ReplyDelete