Thursday, November 26, 2020

Teaching Perspective Inventory

To be honest, I am not surprised by this result. All along even when I was tutoring my students, I focus on nurturing and encouraging them. I am not the kind of teacher who always demand academic excellence in all areas from my students. I look at what they are good at and interested in, then I provide guidance for them to be good at what they love to do. Also it is no surprise my social reform scores the lowest because I do not really focus on educating my students to change the society. I nurture students to excel in what they love doing but I really do not tell every single student that they are here to bring about changes to the system. This is just not the focus of my teaching. 

Another thing that catches my attention is, I am after all still a novice school teacher (even though I have done tutoring for quite a number of years now), so we see that most of my bars are just a few points shy of nurturing. This is because as a novice teacher, I want to do a bit of everything. I have yet to develop my own teaching philosophy or identity. So maybe after a few years of teaching in school, I may see my dominant teaching perspective to stand out even more. 




1 comment:

  1. Good reflection, and I agree that your perspectives on teaching will likely develop into stronger preferences with experience.

    ReplyDelete

Course Reflection

 I have thoroughly enjoyed this course in this semester. The most rewarding part of the course is witnessing the transformation of myself th...