Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Unit Plan

 Here is the link to my unit plan:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gykWJ6TtVYKSi8KAiyU-4MgzX3EjFeK5?usp=sharing

1 comment:

  1. Great work, Ivan! This is a well thought out unit plan, combining aspects of 'traditional' teaching with innovative ideas like student inquiry projects, technology like Desmos, the Thinking Classroom, manipulatives like alge tiles and the history of mathematics, in ways that integrate all these approaches.

    I really like the way you are planning to use one-to-one short interviews or conversations with students as part of your assessment plan, and that you are having the rest of the class work on interesting problems from Menu Math, etc. while this is going on. This is a meaningful and thoughtful plan!

    One thing I'd like to see is more definition for the math project. You may need to come up with a list of possible topics (with one or two more topics than the number of groups) to help students figure out what they could choose to do. I'd also like to see a project handout sheet with a marking rubric, as you'll need that to introduce the parameters of the work to students.

    Overall, great work here! You have created an excellent sketch of your unit.

    ReplyDelete

Course Reflection

 I have thoroughly enjoyed this course in this semester. The most rewarding part of the course is witnessing the transformation of myself th...